If you are a traveller, animal hunter or explorer, then cameras and binoculars are the most essential tools for you. A camera helps you capture the best moments while binocular lets you see the moment and feel the visual with more clarity.
Carrying out binoculars in hand for the whole day may cause fatigue. However, every problem has a solution. Using harness and neck straps is one such solution.
One of the most successful and trusted manufacturers for the binoculars is ‘Leupold’. It is providing sports optics services and products for more than 100 years now.
With ultimate binoculars products that ease the use – the neck strap is highly recommended one. If you are studying it for the first time then don’t worry, I will show you how to attach it with Leupold binoculars in different ways.
Table of Contents
How to attach binocular harness video tutorial
Attachment of the strap without extra accessories
I am going to show you how to attach the Leupold neck strap with binoculars webbings without getting any support of extra accessories. A lot of times people use plugs to give support but the default way is always preferable, so let’s begin with the steps.
- Unthread the webbing of the neck strap to get a single unattached side of the webbing that can be easily pass through the lug of the binoculars. For unthreading, click on the buckle on the webbing.
- Now pass one side of the webbing through the lug of the binocular and insert it in the buckle of the strap from both holes and make it tighter.
- Make sure the attached webbings to the buckle are tight enough.
- When you are done with the lug on one side, repeat it for the lug on the other side of the binocular.
Attachment of the straps that don’t fit the lugs
There is a possibility you buy a strap to attach to your Leupold binocular and to your shock, it does not fit into the lugs of the binoculars because of the size difference between lugs and webbings of the straps.
Don’t panic in such a situation- there is also a solution to that.
- First, thread a zip tie on both lugs of your binocular, it will save lugs from damaging.
- Pass a thin metal ring through both webbings.
- Pass one side of the strap from the ring and attach it, in the same way, I already discussed in the previous section ‘attachment of the strap without extra accessories”.
- Do the same with the lugs on both sides.
- Once you add the ring, the same procedure applies as discussed earlier.
Follow these two methods, and get rid of the frustration that comes when you hold binoculars for a longer.
Leupold’s Binoculars neck strap is one of the most important accessories to make your next hunting or birding experience the most fun one. Enjoy the journey, keep eyes on every moment, stay safe and embrace the adventure.