Though Henry rifles are not commonly thought of as target rifles, many shooters enjoy mounting a scope on their Henry 22 for improved accuracy at long range. Can you put a scope on a Henry 22 rifle?
The answer is yes. Most Henry 22 rifles come with grooves cut into the top of the receiver that are designed for mounting a scope. Check to see if your rifle has these before you attempt to mount a scope, as some older Henry 22 rifles do not have them.
If your rifle does have them, you will need to purchase a set of scope rings that are compatible with the grooves. Once you have the rings, you can simply attach the scope to the rings and then mount the assembly on the receiver.
- The Henry 22 does not have an integrated base for mounting a scope, so you will need to purchase a separate rail or rings.
- This lever action rifle has a lot of muzzle blast, so be sure to choose a scope with durable construction and good eye relief.
Can You Mount A Scope On A Henry H001?
The Henry H001 is a.22 caliber lever-action rifle that has become a popular choice for hunters and target shooters alike. One of the reasons for its popularity is its versatility; the H001 can be fitted with a wide variety of optics, including scopes. While some hunters prefer open sights, others find that a scope gives them a significant advantage in terms of accuracy.
So, the question is, can you mount a scope on a Henry H001?
The answer is yes, but it does require some modification to the rifle. Fortunately, there are several companies that make replacement barrels that are designed for mounting scopes. With the right barrel, it is possible to turn the Henry H001 into a highly accurate long-range rifle.
Also Read: Can You Put A Scope On An AR7?
Mounting A Scope To Henry Lever Action
Mounting a scope to Henry Lever Action is not difficult, but there are a few things to consider before getting started.
- You need to decide what type of scope you want to use. There are two main types of scopes: optical and electronic. Optical scopes use lenses to magnify the image, while electronic scopes use sensors to amplify the light.
- Next is choosing the right mount for your scope. The mount attaches the scope to the gun, and there are several different types available.in this case, picatinny or weaver rail will do.
- Then align the scope with the gun. This is done by adjusting the eyepiece and setting the reticle on the target.
- Don’t forget to sight in the scope. This simply means adjusting the windage and elevation knobs until the crosshairs are lined up with where the bullet hits the target.
Can You Put A Scope On A Henry 22 Golden Boy?
While the Henry 22 Golden Boy is not pre-drilled for scope mounting, many users were successful in adding a scope to their rifle. It is important to note, however, that Henry does not recommend drilling into the receiver of the 22 Golden Boy.
Scopes can be mounted using a scout-style rail or by creating custom mounts. In either case, it is important to use a high-quality scope that is designed for use with a rimfire rifle.
With proper installation and care, a scope can help you improve your accuracy and enjoy greater success when shooting your Henry 22 Golden Boy.
Also Read: Should I Put A Scope On My Ruger 10/22?
What Is The Best Scope For The Henry Golden Boy?
Scopes can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Depending on your budget, you may want to choose a less expensive model or go with a more expensive model that has more features. No matter what type of shooting you plan on doing, there is a scope out there that will fit your needs. Take your time and shop around until you find the perfect one for you.
Here are a few options for you,
- Leupold VX-Freedom
- Simmons 8 Point 3-9x50mm
- Nikon P-Tactical BDC. Red Dots.
- Holosun HS510C 2.
- Sig Sauer SOR52001 Romeo5. Night Vision.
- AGM Global Vision Comanche-22 NL3.
- ATN TICO LT 320 50 mm
Also Read: What is the best scope for my 270 Rifle?
Red Dot Mounting on Henry H001 Lever .22
Henry’s H001 Lever .22 comes with a grooved receiver for easy scope mounting. It also has front and rear sights that are fully adjustable for windage and elevation. The Henry H001 Lever .22 is a great gun for plinking and small game hunting. It is accurate and fun to shoot.
The only downside is that it does not come with a scope. Users recommend getting a red dot sight for this gun. The red dot sight will help you to be more accurate when shooting. It is easy to mount and use.
Some of the options are,
- Micro® H-2™ Red Dot Reflex Sight – Standard Mount – Orange Cerakote
- ACRO® P-2 Red Dot Reflex Sight
- ACRO® P-1 Red Dot Reflex Sight
Also Read: Why Do Some Pistols Have Scopes?
Are See-through Scope Mounts for Henry 22 any worth?
If you’re looking for a scope mount that won’t obstruct your view of the action, the Henry 22 Scope Mount is a great option. This see-through scope mount attaches to the top of the receiver, so you can still use the iron sights while mounting a scope.
It’s also easy to install, and it’s durable enough to stand up to heavy recoil. Plus, it’s made from aircraft-grade aluminum for extra strength. With the Henry 22 Scope Mount, you can have the best of both worlds: a clear view of the action and the ability to mount a scope for longer-range shots.
Which Rail Do You Need To Mount A Scope On Henry 22 Rifle?
There are a few different types of rails you can use to mount a scope on a Henry 22 rifle.
- The most common type is the weaver rail, which is a strong and versatile rail that can be used with most scope models.
- If you have a more specific scope in mind, or if you want to experiment with different mounting options, you may also want to consider a Picatinny or dovetail rail. These rails offer more precise mounting options, but they may not be compatible with all scope models.
The best rail for your needs will depend on the type of scope you plan to use and your personal preferences. With so many different rails available, there’s sure to be an option that’s perfect for your rifle.
Binos enthusiast since I was 12 – A real expert in all things optics including rifle scopes and red dots. Live in Dubai & love writing, beaches and eating!