Birders, hunters, wildlife enthusiasts, and other hobbyists are always on the trail of spotting scopes that offer the best value for money.
Are you also one of them?
If so, you have arrived at the right place. The Best vortex spotting scopes review will give you an insight into top-of-the-line Vortex spotting scopes that are highly endorsed by professionals and beginners alike.
Vortex has 3 major lines of spotting scopes that are developed, keeping in mind the varied requirements of different users.
Although, the common thing about Vortex scopes is the fact that the quality is simply outmatched by any other mid-range brand.
And that is the reason vortex optics is a leading optics brand in the market.
Here are our 3 best Vortex spotting scopes for hunting, birding and safari;
- Vortex Optics Razor HD spotting scope – Best Value
- Vortex Optics Viper HD Spotting Scopes
- Vortex Optics Diamondback Spotting Scopes
Where are vortex spotting scopes made?
Vortex is a reputable American optics brand, and their spotting scopes are pretty popular and favored by people around the globe. Nowadays, people are concerned about where these scopes are made? As per the Vortex optics official site, all the scopes are designed, engineered in the USA, but the labelling on the scope tells us something else. Let’s take a look at famous Vortex scope lines and where they are made.
- Vortex Razor HD: Vortex Razor HD is the most coveted scopes and is being manufactured in Japan.
- Vortex Diamondback: Vortex Diamondback HD scopes are made in the Philippines.
- Vortex Viper HD: The Viper HD scopes are also manufactured in the Philippines.
Are vortex spotting scopes any good?
More and more brands these days are outsourcing most of the assembling and manufacturing process to Asian countries due to cheap labor costs. This also helps companies keep the price tag on the lower side.
Vortex optics is engineering all the scope in house and asking the manufacturers to develop the scopes according to their standards. Despite that, if you are wondering whether vortex scopes are any good, you only need to read the online reviews to get the idea why Vortex is one of the leading optics brands.
Moreover, Vortex offers a VIP lifetime warranty, which means you can return the product without any questions. This shows the confidence vortex has in its products and their quality.
Check out space below for best vortex spotting scopes reviews and find out which one best matches your needs.
3 Best Vortex Spotting Scopes for Hunting, Birding & Safari
1. Vortex Optics Viper HD Spotting Scopes
- The Viper HD 15-45×65 Straight Spotting Scope is packed with features for incredible glassing and high end optical performance.
- The HD optical system comprised of premium components generates vivid high-definition images. XR anti-reflective coatings on exterior surfaces help obtain brighter views in low-light situations.
- Magnification: 20-60x
- Lens size: 80 mm
- FOV: 110-50 ft. @1000 yards.
- Eye relief distance: 4-1.3 mm
- Close focus distance: 22 ft.
- Exit pupil diameter: 20-15 mm
- Weight: 67 oz.
- Amazing low light performance
- Waterproof and fog proof with rubber armored body
- Stunningly clear imagery thanks to HD ED glass
- Smooth and sharp focus
- VIP lifetime warranty
- Carry case is not high quality
If you are an avid birder or a target shooter who also happens to have an interest in hunting, you know what you need?
A spotting scope that caters to all your diverse needs. Luckily, Vortex Viper HD 20-60x 80 mm spotting scope is all you need to brighten up your life.
Vortex Viper is an ideal scope for when you need to do long-range viewing. With a legendary 20-60x magnification, you can easily spot a feathered beauty sitting faraway or scout for a big game while hunting.
The massive 80 mm superior glass lens is adequate enough to capture the brightest images possible. The low light performance is also extra-ordinary for when you are out hunting in the wild and in need of few precious moments of light.
The innovative HD ED glass is a class in itself and offers the brightest and sharpest images that make you fall in love with this scope. Furnished with anti-reflective coating, you get a picture that is aberration-free and vibrant with minute details.
The twin focus control knobs are easy to operate. The gross focus is stiff as per convenience, while the fine focus is smooth enough and easy to adjust.
The zoom ring is also placed conveniently at the front of the scope and can be adjusted with a lightest touch. The great thing is that you can adjust focus and zoom without lifting your eyes from the eyepiece. Pretty convenient, Right?
Let’s not forget about the rubberized armored body and the solid construction that is shock- resistant as well as fog and waterproof. A handy feature to have when your scope is bound to be exposed to dust, water, and moisture day in and day out.
The extendable sunshade is a great add-on to reduce glare on sunny days and protect the lens when it’s pouring outside.
The Viper HD spotting scope by Vortex comes with twistable eyecups that can be twisted upward or downwards, depending on the fact if you are an eye glass-wearer or not.
Equipped with Armortek coating, the lens surface of Vortex Viper is resistant to dirt, oil, and scratches, which makes it a long-lasting spotting scope.
And to top it all off, the VIP, no questions asked warranty of Vortex optics is another determining factor as to why Vortex viper is the best spotting scope for everyone.
Although the Vortex Viper Spotting scope comes with a carrying case, it’s not a “high quality” one. According to many users, it doesn’t even need a cover because it is truly built like a tank.
But if you want to be careful, then you can always buy a separate cover for this beast of a spotting scope.
2. Vortex Optics Diamondback Spotting Scopes
- The Diamondback 20-60×80 Angled Spotting Scope is a superb choice when you need a heavyweight performer in a light, compact package.
- XR fully multi-coated lenses combined with a retractable, built-in sunshade give the user excellent light transmission and a clear image.
- Magnification: 20-60 x
- Lens size: 80 mm
- FOV: 105-51 ft. @1000 yards.
- Eye relief distance: 20-16.5 mm
- Close focus distance: 22 ft.
- Exit pupil diameter: 4-1.3 mm
- Weight: 47.1 oz.
- Clever design and great optical quality
- Compact and lightweight
- Fully multicoated lens and superior glass
- Uber-sharp and detail-oriented images
- VIP lifetime warranty
- Can be used with a protective case on
- Minor color fringing at the ends
- Less visibility at +45x magnification
Vortex diamondback HD 20-60x 80 mm spotting scope is for people who want a compact yet full-sized lens for the edge large aperture provides to the hunter or birders.
Surprisingly, this gigantic 80 mm lens is pleasantly compact compared to other Vortex scopes with the same lens diameter. I would suggest getting this scope if you want to pack light and have a problem with heavy gadgets.
The oversized lens, paired with 20-60x magnification offers a detailed view of things that are far off. With this beauty, you can up your hunting game significantly and also observe all kinds of exotic birds from a safe distance.
With a fraction of price, the vortex diamondback is loaded with all the latest features other high-end brands have. Now that is a deal you don’t want to miss.
All air-to-glass surfaces are coated with anti-reflective coating; hence loss of light is nominal. Consequently, you get the brightest, clearest, and sharpest pictures that are aberration-free and color corrected.
You can adjust the knob on the side to twist the spotting scope sideways while it is placed on the tripod to get a better view angle. The focus is smooth and easily operate able to fine-tune the image.
The focus dial is conveniently placed on the front barrel to give you easy access.
The solid built and rubber armored body also sets it apart from another spotting scope. Apart from that, the armored coatings make it scratch, shock, and dirt resistant, which is a great thing to have if you want the spotting scope to last longer.
The twist-up eyecups are ideal for eyeglass wearers to ensure that they have a comfortable viewing experience.
The extendable sunshade is an awesome add-on to reduce glare when the sun is shining and shelter the lens while it’s raining.
O-ring sealed and nitrogen- purged, Vortex diamondback like other vortex scopes is also waterproof and fog proof. A must-have if you are to take it on outdoor adventures.
TIP: The vortex diamondback comes with a synthetic leather case. You can use the spotting scope with the case on thanks to the zippered opening at the objective lens and eyecups. It’s a handy feature to have because, on one side, your scope is protected from scratches and dust, etc. while on the other hand, you can quickly pack up the case if you are in a hurry.
This clever little detail certainly gives it an edge over another spotting scopes with a similar price tag.
3. Vortex Optics Razor HD Spotting Scopes
- The Razor HD is Vortex Optics’ top of the line spotting scope. The 11-33×50 Angled Razor is ultra-lightweight and packable for your convenience.
- Triplet Apochromatic lens combined with high density, extra-low dispersion glass delivers unparalled resolution and color fidelity. XR Plus anti-reflective coatings were applied to the lenses to yield maximum brightness for critical low-light glassing.
- Magnification: 11-33x
- Lens size: 50mm
- FOV: 191- 96 ft. @ 1000 yards
- Eye relief distance: 16-19 mm
- Close focus distance: 6.6 feet
- Exit pupil diameter: 4.6-1.5 mm
- Weight: 25.0 oz.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Premium anti-reflective coating to render brightest images
- ED glass for splendid resolution
- Triplet apochromatic lens delivers high contrast images
- Fine focus and fast focus at one place
- Rugged and premium design
- Incredible Picture quality close to the top-tier scope
- Front lens cover keeps coming off
- Case is not of high quality
- Magnification dial may become stiff in cold weather
Vortex Razor HD 11-33×50 spotting scope is an angled scope with a stylish body and compact design. The lower magnification power 11-33x is ideal for someone who is a casual birdwatcher or an avid hunter and doesn’t want to carry around heavy gadgets.
For those of you who are interested in a spotting scope with a large objective lens, here is a detailed and comprehensive Vortex Razor HD 22-48×65 Angled Spotting Scope Review.
Equipped with apochromatic triplet lens and extra-low dispersion glass, Vortex Razor HD provides you crystal clear images even at lower magnification.
Moreover, the anti-reflective coatings help minimize the light loss, and you get an image that is bright and loaded with tiniest details.
By placing this beauty in your arsenal, you can easily differentiate between bird’s breeds and observe all the tiniest details of your prey that will help up your hunting game.
The generous field of view of this spotting scope allows you to scout the vast terrain from a safe distance.
The wide field of view is especially preferred by birders because you can observe feathered beauties even if they are flying.
The edge-to-edge clarity of this spotting scope is splendid because of no chromatic aberration, minimum color fringing, and high color contrast.
The dialectic coated Porto-prism reduces the light loss greatly by minimizing it to 1%.
The magnesium-alloy body is waterproof and fog proof so you can take it out in any weather without any worries.
Coated with Armortek coatings, the lenses are resistant to scratches, dirt, oil, and fingerprints hence extending the life span of this spectacular scope.
Furnished with dual-focusing wheel, Vortex Razor HD 11-33×50 mm spotting scope is pretty convenient when it comes to the focusing system.
The two protruding focus wheel are placed on the upper body. You can quickly focus by using the macro wheel while to fine-tune the image, the micro wheel can be used.
A great scope is one that has sufficient close focus along with great magnification. With 6.6 feet close focus distance, you will enjoy taking a quick peek at feathered beauty sitting at the fence or hiding nearby without startling it.
With VIP warranty and a plethora of great features, it won’t be an exaggeration to say that the Vortex Razor HD spotting scope is one of its kind, compact spotting scope suitable for pros and beginners alike.
This beast of scope is on par with big European scope brands in one-third of a price, which is a real-deal if you think about it.
Vortex Spotting Scopes Summary
Vortex optics offers one of the best mid-range spotting scopes that are equipped with incredible features and superior glass.
So if you want a spotting scope that is compatible with high-end brands in image clarity, sturdiness and durability in half a price, you won’t get anything better in the market than vortex optics.
We have discussed some of the most popular and diversified spotting scopes in the best vortex spotting scopes review.
So no matter which one you pick, it will certainly meet your expectations tenfold, and you will get great value for the money you spent.
I wish you all the best to find a scope that is well suited for your outdoor endeavors.
Leave down your comments to let us know which one of the above scopes you favor and why.
Last update on 2022-08-08 at 21:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API